Welcome

Welcome to Individuality! Feel free to comment, critique, applaud, or despise anything and everything here. Just be respectful of other views!! Take a look at my links to the right, ESPECIALLY Life In Fiction. Don't forget to SHARE with others!

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Making this up as i go

My life is a glass castle
beautiful to look at.
The sun shines off of the walls
making them glitter.
It is grand.
Awe inducing.
But then I've got to live in it.
It gets hot as the glass keeps in the sun's heat
It gets cold in the winter with no insulation
Everything I do, the world can see.
Its a good thing I don't have anything to hide.
And the slightest bit of damage,
could destroy it all.
No, its not quite so grand to live in.
But looking at it you could never tell.
And people ask me
"How wonderful is it,
to live in such a beautiful place?"
And I just smile back,
nod my head,
and say
"It makes a wonderful view doesn't it?
But tell me,
how would you like to live
in a place where all can see,
where damage done can never be repaired,
and it takes a year's worth of spring cleaning to make it look nice?
How would you like to live forever exposed?"
And they say
"How wonderful is it to live there?"
I sigh and reply,
"Its wonderful. Simply amazing."
because they won't ever understand.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great poem, I love it. You should have definitely posted this on Life In Fiction lol

    ReplyDelete

Please no inapropriate links. Share links ONLY related to the Post. Any comments containg links otherwise will be deleted.